At Home Resources for Families
So now that you are home, what are you up to this week?
Need some options of things to do?
Need help with talking to your kids about the Coronavirus?
For Moms (and Dads)
1) An excellent daily Bible Study from the Women of the ELCA. Click Here
Bible Study and Activities for your family
1) Here is a short bible reading program for March and April to keep you engaged as continue to head through Lent on our way to Easter. Click Here
2) Here are 5 Bible Stories that help to highlight how God shows up and is working in our lives in the midst of chaos. Each Bible story comes with a week’s work of activities (everything from coloring pages to cooking and crafts) and ways to make faith connections as you engage with and explore the story. Don’t forget to pray with your children as you end your Bible study/activity time.
3) You can also learn the Lord's Prayer in American Sign Language. This is a great activity for calming kid's down while using both mind and body. Clike Here
4) Printable activities and resources from a Lutheran children's books publisher. Click Here
5) Here's worship activity sheet for kids. Click Here
6) Sunday school lessons for the whole family including videos, activities and coloring, released weekly. Click Here
Lord's Prayer in American Sign Language
Set aside 10 minutes each day to practice the prayer in ASL. Simply start at the beginning and work your way through. Some of the signs are even repeated more than once. This challenge not only helps you to pray in a new way, it also slows down your mind, distracts from anxieties, and therapeutically connects the brain and body. I look forward to seeing how much of the prayer you've learned by the time you get back to church!
To help you do that here are some resources:
Faces of Easter Watch @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlFho5BRyEc
The Good Shephard Watch @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I9GiHqIshU
The Mystery of Easter Watch @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivkLTqkiWjc&t=339s
Can you make your own Puzzle Cross to go with the video?
Godly Play Resources – On Sale
Other Lenten/Easter Cross Resources
Other Things to Know About Being at Home
1) Make rules and boundaries for those in the house.
2) All people like to know a schedule and boundaries. Make a plan to help keep organized based on those in your household.
3) Covid-19 Daily Schedule. Click Here
4) Helpful information to talk with kids about the Coronavirus Disease 2019
5) Carolina Conquers Her Corona Fears - an activity and coloring booklet released by a clinical counselor. Click Here
6) NASA's activity webpage. Click Here
Mental Health Concerns
2) (From Southern Ohio Synod) Surviving the COVID-19 pandemic with your mental health intact. Click Here
3) (From Southern Ohio Synod) Assessing mental health for depression and suicidality during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click Here
Other fun activities to engage your family during this time
1) 30 day Lego Challenge – Make sure to post a picture of your challenge creation on Facebook page Peace Lutheran Church. Click Here
2) The schools sent out a great activity list so you don’t end up on the IPad, Chromebook, or TV all day. Click Here
3) Here is a giant list of thing to do at home. Click Here
4) Scholastic Learn-At-Home link https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
5) Also, did you see that Actor Josh Gad Is Reading Books to Kids Online Every Night During Coronavirus Quarantines. Grab the tissues! Josh Gad has decided to read children’s books to families around the world via his Twitter page each night while either under quarantine or practicing social distancing during the outbreak of coronavirus. For more information go to https://chipandco.com/actor-josh-gad-is-reading-books-to-kids-online-every-night-during-coronavirus-quarantines-383789/?fbclid=IwAR2s4KJivxgHrtv2aRgIZCW37N8Ee-E63oUx3is9o7Xr1PDYhtq7huWxcKw
6) Every day at 3pm the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden is doing a live stream home safari 15 min encounter with a different animal on their Facebook page.
7) The Georgia Aquarium has livestreams of many aquatic creatures. Click Here
8) 52 Creative Activities from Crayola Click Here